12 insightful tweets from busy people that got us moving in 2016
The year behind us was such a roller coaster. Great things happened, and terrible things happened, there were days we found ourselves above the clouds, then twenty thousand leagues bellow the sea – in a matter of hours. But we all kept going, and now it’s time to reflect and remember the most important lesions we picked up on the way.
Internet is full of inspiring quotes by famous people, though they often have a way of finding you first. However, there are also those who might not be famous, but whose insights are of value. Namely, bellow you will find twelve tweets by established professionals and business people who made us stop scrolling, go « hmm.. », and click that retweet button. These are the words worth spreading. And as you probably won’t find them printed anywhere, it seemed appropriate to share them with you in hopes you find their mindset useful for the upcoming year.
- “It’s ok to let people down – especially those who don’t think you can make it.” ~ Dean Loh (@deanloh)
- “Principle of priority is a two-step process:
Identifying difference between what is urgent and what is important, and doing what’s important first.” ~ Mark C. Crowley (@MarkCCrowley)
- “Every time you say yes to something, you must say no to something else.” ~ Carson Tate (@thecarsontate)
- “Don’t confuse activity with productivity. Activity is busy work. Productivity moves you towards your goals and dreams.” ~ John Assaraf (@johnassaraf)
- “You can’t sell any feature in isolation. Therefore always judge the value of a feature by how it changes the value of the bundle.” ~ Ryan Singer (@rjs)
- “Say no to anything that is not the highest and best use of your time.” ~ Brian Tracy (@BrianTracy)
- “The way your employees feel is the way your customers will feel.” ~ Sybil Stershic (@SybilQSM)
- “Always be self-deprecating and humble, but also carry yourself at least like the CEO you will be 12 months from now.” ~ Jason M. Lemkin (@jasonlk)
- “No matter how you feel: get up, dress up, show up and never give up.” ~ Rishabh Surana (@rishabhanalyst)
- “’Time is money’ is nonsense. Time is much more important. You can always make more money, but you can never make more time.” ~ Ann Latham (@AnnLatham)
- “Best productivity tool that has worked for me isn’t any app that blocks away noise. It’s getting up at 5 AM when there’s no noise.” ~ Vishal Khandelwal (@safalniveshak)
- “Sometimes reducing a problem to one short sentence can be enough to bring about insight on its own.” ~ David Rock (@davidrock101)
Big thanks to all of you for inspiring us, and keep up with the good work and great thoughts. And to all of you reading – WorkPuls wishes you a happy, productive, and awesome new year!