This role is a unique opportunity for an ambitious and smart software tester to accelerate their career growth. Apart from testing enterprise-grade products, learning how to write razor-sharp test cases and execute them is a part of the working day. Alternating between test development and test execution enables our quality assurance team to apply their learning and become even greater at what they do.
Our QA team is an integral part of our software development process. They are actively engaged throughout the entire product development cycle, from planning to production.
We have an office that we meet and work out of, but are also flexible for remote work and find the people that do the best at Workpuls are those comfortable with connecting with their colleagues in virtual break rooms and providing updates through the tools that we use, vs. in person in a conference room.
- Perform functional, system integration and regression testing to ensure that the application meets the business functional requirements
- Accept bugs reported by clients
- Report defects found in testing timely and accurately
- Track defects from discovery to successful correction, validation and verification
- Perform both new functionality and regression tests; identify, analyze and report issues for follow-up
- 1+ years of experience in testing web applications
- Knowledge about software testing techniques and software development lifecycle
- Approaching a product with the attitude that the product is already broken - it has defects and it is your job to discover them
- Strong analytical skills with a mindset that questions assumptions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and accomplish assignments autonomously
- Ability to execute prepared test plans that provide comprehensive test coverage at the product and system level
- Strong listening skills as well as good verbal and written communication skills within the team
- Ability to learn and support new tools as required
- Genuine curiosity and striving for new knowledge
NICE TO HAVE
- 1+ year of experience in testing desktop applications
- Experience with a bug tracking tool like JIRA
- Experience with test management systems such as SpiraTest or TestRail
- Experience in designing and developing test cases and scenarios
- Experience in analyzing and classifying reported issues