The Policy sets out Clients' responsibilities when using our Service and confirms the steps we may take to ensure and monitor compliance with this Policy.
1. Lawful Use
- Clients must ensure that any use of our Service is legal and it is their sole responsibility to determine what constitutes legal use in their particular jurisdiction. Although we can provide general informational guidelines, we are not a law firm, so your dependence on any information provided by us is at your own risk. Please seek the advice of a lawyer.
- All Clients agree they will not use, attempt to use or allow the Service to be used for any illegal or malicious purpose. Every Client is responsible for their use of our Service, network and the operation of any systems or applications accessed or used with our Service. Clients are responsible for any content cached, sent, accessed or shared on or via our Service and systems.
- Any action that endangers any person or risks endangering or compromising the security or successful operation of our network, or any of our systems or equipment (or the network, systems or equipment of our suppliers), may mean access to the Service will be restricted, suspended or terminated.
- When using the Service, we may require users to act in accordance with rules imposed by a third party from which you access content. In a situation that a supplier or third party provider considers one of our Clients is in breach of this Policy, they may require we prevent the relevant Client continuing to breach this Policy.
- The law requires us to comply with law enforcement or other lawful requests at any time without notice to Clients.
2. Permitted Actions
- Installing Workpuls on a computer that you own. For example your own personal computer or a child’s device or computer that you own.
- Installing Workpuls on a computer or gadget that you do not own if the owner consents. It is your sole responsibility to determine what counts as legal use in your particular jurisdiction. Please seek the advice of a lawyer.
- Installing Workpuls on your school’s owned computers or gadgets, where you or your school has full legal, administrative rights. Students are not allowed to install Workpuls on their school’s devices without permission from staff or teachers.
3. Prohibited Uses
In addition to the general responsibilities set out above, all Clients agree they will not use, attempt to use or allow their account to be used:
- To infringe any law, industry code or standard;
- In any way so that the Service is interrupted, vandalized, rendered less efficient or the functionality of the Service is in any way impaired;
- For the transmitting, uploading or posting of any material which is defamatory, offensive, racist, vulgar, libelous or of an obscene or menacing character, or in such a way as to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless worry;
- To disguise the origin of a use or communication, to access, keep track of or use any data or traffic on any systems or networks without authority;
- To authorize, assist, abet, encourage or incite any other person to do or attempt to do any of the above mentioned acts;
- As a means to threaten, stalk, harass, abuse, or otherwise insult other users or to collect or hoard personal data about other users;
- To transmit any material for the purposes of publicity, promotion and/or advertising in the absence of our prior written consent unless such transmission has been specifically requested by another user of the Service;
- In any way that may vandalize or disrupt another user’s computer;
- To transmit, upload or post any computer viruses or any harmful or deleterious files or programs;
- To falsify identity for the purpose of misleading others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a message, including, but not limited to impersonating an Workpuls staff, manager, host or another user; or
- For transmitting, uploading, posting or otherwise making available any solicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junkmail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes” or any duplicative or unsolicited messages. However, we have no control over the content posted through your, or other user’s, account on the Service and therefore, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content. By using the Service, you acknowledge that you may come across offensive or objectionable contents.
4. Prohibited Actions
We do our best to maintain Workpuls’ reputation, but we rely on you, our users, to do the right thing in practice. You are not permitted to:
- Install the Workpuls Tracking Agent on any device or gadget you or your company does not own, and without prior permission of the device user.
- Install the Workpuls Agent on a public computer or gadget which you or your company does not own, or have full legal, administrative rights to.
- Installing Workpuls on any device or gadget without the device owner’s knowledge and authorization.
- Monitor device usage with intentions for the purposes of learning personal information about the device user without their consent.
- Install Workpuls’ Agent with the intention to stalk or spy on the device user without their consent.
5. Limitation of Liability
Clients acknowledge that:
- We are not accountable for the content of the Service;
- Client is solely responsible for Client’s use of the Service;
- We are not liable for any unsolicited or offensive information disseminated via the Service; Clients will see to the provision, configuration or maintenance of any equipment or software they need to access the Service, as well as for the security and integrity of Clients' data except where we have agreed to provide and manage certain equipment or software.
6. Remedies for Breach
We may request you change your use of the Service if we believe that an infringement of this Policy has occurred.
We reserve the right to take one or more of the following actions:
- To put on hold access to the Service indefinitely or for a specific period;
- Terminate access to the Service and refuse to provide the Service to the Client or their associates in the future;
- Report to appropriate government and regulatory authorities of suspected illegal or infringing conduct;
- Delete or edit any of the Client's data;
- Override any attempt by the Client to infringe this Policy; and
- Take any other action we consider appropriate, including taking action against offenders to recover the money and expenses spent on identifying them. We may also carry out any of the above steps if directed to do so by a regulatory or other law enforcement body.
We reserve the right to update this Policy from time to time. Your continued use of Service following such update(s) will constitute acceptance of the changes.
8. Report a Breach
You can report a suspected infringement of this Policy by sending an email to email@example.com.
Thank you for taking the time to read our Acceptable Use Policy!
Please also review our Terms of Service as well, to ensure you stay within our terms of service, and avoid any account suspension or termination.